|Strawberry Oreo Cheesecake|
We had a morning tea at work last week and we all had to bring in a dish. Naturally I completely forgot about it, so had to forage around in the pantry to make something using ingredients I already had. So I made a Strawberry Oreo Cheesecake, using this recipe, changing a few things and adding frozen strawberries.
You will need
For the base
300 grams Oreos – crushed
145 grams butter – melted
For the filling
500 grams Philadelphia cream cheese
395 gram can condensed milk
3 teaspoons gelatine – dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
10 medium strawberries
For the topping
1 1/2 cups strawberries
1 1/2 caster sugar
100 ml water
1 tablespoon gelatine – dissolved in 100ml boiling water (this is enough gelatine for 400ml of liquid)
30cm Springform Pan
1. Crush Oreos – You can put them in your food processor if you want fine crumbs. I used my hands and had bigger chunky crumbs.
2. Pour the melted butter over the Oreos and mix together.
3. Press the Oreo and butter mixture into your tin and place in the fridge to cool.
4. Beat the Philly Cream Cheese until smooth.
5. Add the condensed milk and gelatine and mix together until all incorporated and smooth. Stir in the strawberries.
6. Pour the filling mixture over the Oreo base and place back in the fridge.
7. Pour strawberries, caster sugar and 100 ml water into a saucepan over medium heat.
8. Stir strawberries gently until sugar dissolves. Let mixture simmer and thicken.
9. Remove from heat and add the gelatine.
10. Pour the strawberry mixture over the top of the cheesecake and place back in the fridge.
11. Let set for a few hours or overnight.